Sunday, February 24, 2013

Curtains!! Maybelle gets a makeover.






It was time for Maybelle to get a camper version of a makeover-  new curtains.  We found some fabric at a discount fabric place for $4.99  a yard.  I don't think that is a huge discount, but the place was closing in 5 minutes and we were getting the evil eye from the Mildreds and Gertrudes.   After convincing Paul that we were not getting the vivid blue and purple fabric depicting a killer whale breaching in front of a sunset, we finally decided on a yellow and rose pattern.   We also got some blackout fabric to line the curtains with.. it was only $4.99 a yard too. 



My elaborate chicken scratch measurements. 

I did a 1.5 increase on the width for each window and added three inches on the length.  I haven't done the door yet so I won't talk about it. 

Two side windows:  22x45
Big back window: 22x67.5

 Here is my sewing machine designed for a 12 year old girl. I bought it while living in Alaska - wanting something tiny that I could travel with. It hasn't let me down yet!  I was certain it couldn't handle the blackout fabric...and I was dead wrong.  She beasted it. 



 For the blackout fabric, you need to cut that fabric a few inches smaller than your actual fabric. I just folded the edges over and didn't get fancy with it.  I am way too impulsive and sloppy for anything else.

I will take some pictures of these beauties when I am finished.  We lost power for some reason today and I had to stop sewing.  We did what most people do when they lose power..we headed to the camper and had tea.

 Maybelle naked and waiting!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Its definitely a granny pattern but I love it

    ReplyDelete